Monday, April 5, 2010

They Have Names

Today, my friend Jonathan saw our neighborhood geese for the first time. He called me at work to tell me that someone had put some oyster crackers near the nest for the Mama Goose. So apparently I’m not the only one who likes our geese!

Jonathan and I have decided to name them Gertrude and Stanley. I have also decided that when their goslings are hatched, one of them has to be named Pippin. (I just like the name Pippin for a goose.)

Jonathan and I are also starting to worry about how Gertrude and Stanley will be able to get their babies down from that nest up in the planter. Somehow, they must know what they’re doing, though, right?

I can’t wait to see Pippin and the other little ones! (I told Jonathan he could name the rest of them.)

I know you all will be waiting with bated breath…so I’ll be sure to keep you posted!

6 comments:

sageweb said...

I just ordered the movie "the life of pippen"..or something like that..
I cant wait for the babies

Miss Healthypants said...

Sageweb, you and me both! :)

I'm hoping my comment works--for some reason blogger is showing this post as having zero comments--the horror! *LOL*

Barb said...

I can't wait to see pics. We have sandhill crane chicks running around the neighborhood this month. Just love those fuzzy big babies.

Mom said...

It is lovely to see nature doing it's thing in the heart of the city. i think one of the babies should be named for my mother - Byrtle.

Random Thinker said...

I've been to Chicago and I think I know right where you are talking about. Is it across the river from some really nice restaurants and is House of Blues very close to there? Maybe they will start a tradition in their goose family and from now on they will come back to that planter to nest every year. You better start working on next year's names too.

Miss Healthypants said...

Random Thinker--yes, it's across the street from the House of Blues.

And we'll keep working on those names! :)