Monday, November 2, 2009

The Cereal's Cold, But Why Do I Have To Be?

This morning, I woke up and dragged my ass out of bed and into the kitchen (with a brief layover in the bathroom).

I was only wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and my legs felt cold, so I wrapped our Cubs throw blanket around my middle.

I took the milk out of the fridge, the cereal from the pantry, and a bowl and spoon from the cupboard…and then attempted a balancing act of carrying them all over to the table in the living room, while still holding the Cubs blanket around me.

It was then that I realized something. I NEED A SNUGGIE!

With a Snuggie on me, I could have had both hands free to carry my breakfast paraphernalia into the living room. I would not have had to struggle! (I know, I know, I could have made more than one trip from the kitchen to the living room, but that would just be too much work at 7:00 in the morning.)

For weeks now, I’ve been saying that I want a Snuggie—and I’ve only been halfway kidding about it.

Now I’m not kidding at all. I want one.

I love love love the fact that when the Snuggie came out, it was just a big joke—and now it’s attracting somewhat of a cult following. And I am jumping on the Snuggie bandwagon!

Here in Chicago, they actually have organized Snuggie pub crawls—where everyone has to wear a Snuggie during the whole thing. I SO want to go on a Snuggie pub crawl.

Then the other night on David Letterman, he had on the band Weezer, and they all were wearing special Weezer Snuggies! I kid you not—check it out! (You can even buy your own special Weezer Snuggie online.)




I really get a kick out of seemingly goofy products that for some reason people start to like.

Remember legwarmers? Why the hell did those ever go out of style? I would so totally wear leg warmers today.

Hmmm…apparently I just like products that make you warm…and leg warmers seem like a pretty good way to keep your legs nice and toasty.

I could just see myself walking down the street wearing leg warmers and a Snuggie. I might not be the picture of fashion, but hell, at least I would be warm!

P.S. In case anyone is wondering, I’m partial to pink Snuggies.

11 comments:

Alderman Sheri S Hartzheim said...

Carly... isn't a Snuggie just a bathrobe that you put on backwards? Like a woolen version of a hospital gown? The whole back closure issue seems unresolved in my mind. If you can tell me otherwise, I could convinced to jump on this particular bandwagon as well. But I'm into the zebra "designer fashion" print...

lisahgolden said...

Hilarious! But I was seeing you in an animal print Snuggie. And yeah, I've made fun, but I would have killed to a Snuggie back when we lived in Chicago. I was always cold.

Anonymous said...

Guess what! Leg warmers are coming back into fashion.... I swear!!

Citymouse said...

Ok, if you really have to have one, they have one -- however, I have a long bath robe that keeps me very warm-- and a nice winter coat -- that does the same for me outside... call me a tradionalist!

Unknown said...

Ok, I really laughed at this one!! I was thinking that a robe could do just as well..........you know warm, ties in the front.....easy to put on etc.
My daughter wants the animal print Snuggie...lord is that really a Christmas wish list item?
I hope you warm up...........and in your pink Snuggie, and make sure we see a picture!

Br. Jonathan said...

But if your wear a Snuggie, you'll have to SMILE the whole time. In the Snuggie commercial, everyone is always smiling with extreme ecstacy! It's as if they cannot wear one without smiling.
I hate that.

Sling said...

Your title says it all!..If a Snuggie makes the difference between 'Ahhh' and 'Holy flyin' crap!..It's freeeeeezing!',..then I say go for it!

sageweb said...

How funny! they are actually trying to sell snuggies in stores around here...it is 80 degrees.

MaryRuth said...

I dunno what's wrong with a regular old bathrobe...but hey, if Weezer says it's OK....maybe.
I just use my Packers blanket..its plenty warm!

Fantastic Forrest said...

I salute you for your willingness to share this intimate desire with us all, exposing yourself to mockery.

Come to my place for an honest scraps award, Miss Healthypants. You have earned it the hard way.

Mwah!

Maria said...

I still have hot flashes, so a snuggie would last about ten minutes with me....