1. The Ozark Mountains are BEAUTIFUL.
2. If you decide to stay in a lodge on the top of a mountain especially because the view is supposed to be so great, be sure to stay at least 2 nights in case you get a really foggy night. (At least we were lucky that the fog started clearing away before we checked out in the morning!)
3. The World’s Largest Toy Museum is a fun place that often makes you exclaim, “Oh, I remember I had this toy when I was a kid!” (The Strawberry Shortcake and Apple Dumpling dolls REALLY took me back.)
4. If the name of a State Park contains the words “Ha Ha" (Ha Ha Tonka State Park), that might be a warning to be careful not to fall off your hiking trail and bruise your shins and skin your knees.
5. There are (surprisingly) armadillos in Arkansas and Missouri.
6. Hannibal, Missouri (birthplace of Mark Twain) is a really cute town with many old buildings and many friendly people.
7. Every town in the Ozarks with over 2000 people has a Chinese buffet, a Mexican restaurant, a Sonic, and a Pizza Hut…and at least one of the Pizza Huts had some bad grammar on their sign.
(If you’re going to go through all the trouble of making a big window sign, you might want to make sure that the spelling and punctuation are correct!)