Sunday, September 26, 2010

I'm Freezing!

It’s only September 26th, and it’s 56 degrees outside…but as I sit here in our apartment, I am wearing a long-sleeved shirt, sweatpants, warm socks, a Snuggie, and a blanket.

And I’m cold!

How on earth am I going to survive the fall and winter this year??

I can only hope that my body will adapt. I am comforted slightly by the knowledge learned from past experience, that six months from now, 56 degrees will feel absolutely balmy to me.

Still, summer is gone, and that makes me a little sad.

But then again, the season of drinking warm red wine and cuddling up in a cozy blanket is here.

And that, my friends, makes me happy.

6 comments:

lisahgolden said...

I am so ready for winter. Now, that is something I never said when we lived in Chicago.

Jonathan said...

I have a nice bottle of Bordeaux for Tuesday night. *smiles*

Mom said...

I hate being cold, but love the colors of fall.

I have been doing aqua-yoga for a couple of years. I love it - we never do downward dog in the water. I am greatly looking forward to doing it again.

Anonymous said...

It wasn't pointed out to me recently that as the older we get, the worse winter seems.

And I really hate that my fear of winter deprives me of enjoying the greatness of Autumn...

Unknown said...

I really miss autumn. Florida is still very warm...ugh. I do admit I get very cold anytime it's below 65, and when I even think about that it sounds so wimpy.
Bundle up and enjoy!

Barb said...

I do miss fall. I want to eat soups and stews and drink wassail but it's never cool enough here in the fall... although I do love salads in the summer!