Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's Magic!

I have a magical power. I bet you didn’t know that…but yes, indeed I do.

My magical power is my amazing ability to always call Iwanski when his hands are soaking wet.

What? I didn’t say it was a particularly useful power.

But seriously, this happens at least two to three times a day. I call Iwanski and he says, “My hands are wet, hold on a second.”

Yesterday, I called him, and he was laughing as he answered the phone.

“What’s so funny?” I inquired.

He explained, “Just a minute ago, I was thinking ‘I’m going to start washing the dishes, but I’ll bet that the minute I get my hands wet, Carla will call’…and then you did!”

“Really?” I laughed. “That is weird.”

“What is with you? Can you just sense that my hands are wet, or something?” he asked.

“I don’t know," I giggled, "but it is pretty strange.”

So there you go. My one magical power.

And now, I must go feed the felines—for their magical power is to annoy the shit out of me while I’m trying to write a blog post.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister has a similiar power.... she calls whenever my rear hits the toilet and I don't have the cordless phone in the bathroom with me. I have often asked her if she has a installed a button on my toilet thats turns a light on at her house whenver I use the potty.

Random Thinker said...

Maybe Iwnski has the magical ability to telepathically get you to call him when his hands are wet. You ever think about it that way?

Mom said...

It is a small beginning. I think you will develop new and stronger powers though. Iwanski had better be careful

lisahgolden said...

Perhaps if Iwanski would tell the cats that he loves them, you would stop calling when his hands are wet and the cats would leave you alone to blog in peace. Yes, I just placed all of this squarely on the shoulders of the man who will not confess his love TO the cats.