Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lost in Translation

I had an absolutely wonderful birthday—thanks again to all of you for the birthday wishes!

Iwanski got me some really great gifts, including a new exercise game for the Wii! (EA Sports Active.) Whoo-hoo! More on that later…but speaking of games, I played Bookworm Adventures for over two and a half hours last night. It’s just as addictive as the original! I will surely need my new exercise game, after spending three hours a day sitting on my ass playing Bookworm.

Anyway, I realized that I forgot to tell y’all about the packing slip that came in the Bookworm package from Amazon.com. My sister had asked that a message be printed on the packing slip, and this is how Amazon printed it:

*******

Happy Birthday, Carly! I hope that this Hoo! is as much fun as the original compensation will follow. Love,

*******

Say what????

This is what the message was supposed to read (which I think is almost as funny as what Amazon printed):

*******

Happy Birthday, Carly! I hope that this NEW Bookworm game (Adventures! Woo Hoo!) is as much fun as the original. (An application for IL unemployment compensation will follow... :))

Love you!

Sheki (and Rick and Nora, too!)

*******

I guess I owe both my sister, and someone at Amazon, for giving me a big laugh on my birthday.

9 comments:

MaryRuth said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it was filled with everything you love best.

Unknown said...

That translation is a HOOT! I was trying to read it and decipher is, and having trouble...LOL.
Tell us more about the new Wii game! We have wii fit, and it hasn't helped motivate me much...LOL!

Barb said...

I'm glad you had a good Bday! Hope the rest of your year goes just as well.

Random Thinker said...

Still waiting for your compensation aren't you?

Jeanna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, sorry it's belated. May isn't such a bad time to get older, is it?

Unknown said...

Fuunnny.

lisahgolden said...

Birthday bonus! I hope you won't need that compensation form.

sageweb said...

I got the new active game for my wii, I like it so much more than wii fitness..I am on the 30 day challenge right now..It is a pretty good workout.

Glad you had a good bday.

Maria said...

I am so dull. I have never tried a wii game. Not once. Liv and Bing are addicts.