Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Not Proper Etiquette

Let me just set the scene for you.

I’m on the computer, and I hear a sound coming from the cat—a sound like she’s drinking water. My first thought is "Oh no! She’s drinking from my water glass again!"

I said, "What are you?—

But then I looked down and saw her licking her own butt. "Oh, you’re just licking your own ass. Carry on then."

This is what it’s like to have cats. You learn to just ignore their disgusting habits.

Unless they are sitting right next to you doing that kind of thing. Then they get launched halfway across the room.

You’d think by now they’d get the fact that licking their own butt while sitting 6 inches away from you is not proper etiquette.

9 comments:

Jeanna said...

Considering its a cat, I bet it was done on purpose.

Sling said...

Licking their butts is their way of being polite.
It should be clean when they get up on the back of the couch,and stick it in your face.

sfoofie said...

(set to the tune of "fish heads" by dr demento)

cat butts cat butts roly poly cat butts cat butts cat butts lick them up 6 inches away from you. yummmm.

lisahgolden said...

You know, I understand that there are studies being done to find out if cat butt in the face has healing properties.

My cats told me about it. Dare I question them?

Unknown said...

LOL! Some things we just have to accept.

rosemary said...

Umm, the point was for you to move and give your cat some privacy. My mother called cat butt washing playing the cello.

Diane said...

I remember my mom not appreciating me asking what that "little pink peaked thing" was coming out of my male cat's underbottom. She could not tell me the truth so she made up something saying all cats have it but we don't always see it.

Random Thinker said...

Cat's just don't give a rat's a@@. Or a cat's @sss either apparently. They do what they want.

Barb said...

Well dogs aren't any better. Nothing worse then lying there at night listening to the sound of your dog "going at it." I can't even throw something at her cause she's usually under the bed. Just gross!